"Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great." D&C 64:33

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Burrito anyone???


A baby burrito is the first thing that comes to mind when I wrap her up like this!!

It has been such an incredible week. I have gone through every emotion possible....I have now settled on peace.

To be honest, last week I was a bit of a wreck. I felt like I was betryaing our first foster daughter...I wasn't ready to be running all over the place, and honestly I didn't want to be getting up at night. All of that changed however, when my sweet husband came to my rescue. On Wednesday, as soon as I got the baby in bed for the night, Kevin put me to bed. He got up with her all night. When I woke up on Thursday morning, I had a clear head. I felt good about everything. It's amazing what a good nights rest can do for the soul! I realize that I'm not in this alone, Kevin is right there beside me, willing to sacrifice on our familiy's behalf. With everything that is expected of us, it makes it easier knowing we're in this together.

There is a court hearing today. I don't know what is going to be decided, I don't know if this sweet baby girl will be with us at the end of the week or at the end of the day for that matter. What I do know, is that I have completely fallen in love. I don't know how or when it happened. I have tried to keep my guard up, so that my heart won't break. None of that matters. This baby deserves all the love in the world.

Right now, no matter what happens, I am at peace. I mean, don't get me wrong, I would love to adopt her, love to make her part of our eternal family, but it is not for me to decide.

4 comments:

Janelle said...

Oh, she is so cute! I love wrapping them all up when just their face sticks out. :) We are praying for your whole family during this; wish we could be there.

Anonymous said...

Such a darling burrito!

KayLynn said...

I'm so glad I got to finally hold your burrito today. Thanks to you and your boys for the entertainment.

Jen said...

Wow Jenn - what a roller coaster you've been on! What neat experiences. You sound so wise as I read your perspective on the heart wrenching ups and downs. I hope that everything works out for you to get to keep a little sweetie. I cannot even imagine the emotions these experiences have brought to the surface. You are a strong woman! We'll have to get together now that I'm back! It would be so fun to see you and maybe a "Baby Burrito" (o: BTW - I think it's so neat what you are giving these little angels . . . a safe and loving home, a refuge from an unstable environment, with no guarantees for yourself... Very cool.