"Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great." D&C 64:33

Saturday, October 16, 2010

JOY!

This is, by far, one of the cutest faces I have EVER seen. Jack was thrilled to have been able to find the perfect pumpkin.
We spent the day with my sisters and their cute kids and my Mom. We decorated sugar cookies (there was more candy than cookie!) and went to the Pumpkin Patch. It was a great day!!!! I love getting together with family, laughing and getting to know one another better. The kids were awesome....have I mentioned there were 11 kids in my kitchen? 9 of them being boys????
I don't know what was more fun for the kids, the cookies, the football, or the picking of pumpkins.
For me I loved the Pumpkin Patch the best. I loved watching the joy in each child eyes as they found "the one". My favorite part of all though, was when sweet Talmage found a pumpkin that he wanted more than the one he originally picked. Jack-Jack still hadn't found his prize, so when he saw the pumpkin Talmage was carrying, Jask fell instantly in love. It was as if they were were long lost friends. Bless his little heart, Talmage gave Jack the prized pumpkin. Oh how that melted my heart!

3 comments:

Janelle said...

I wish we could have been there! What patch did you go to? We made cookies last week, too, and took some to the neighbors so we wouldn't eat them all.... :)

Gracey said...

We missed you and the boys! We stopped by the one by Mom's house...we're attempting to paint the pumpkins next week....we'll see how that goes

Anonymous said...

Such a cute photo! I love it!